Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) & Driving Under The Influence (DUI)
Charged With Drunk Driving? Contact The Law Office of Dante Eli Dominguez immediately.
It is a crime for adults to drive drunk in Texas. It is a crime for anyone under age 21 to drive after any amount of alcohol consumption. A DWI or DUI conviction leaves you with a criminal record in addition to other penalties and negative consequences. You may lose your driver’s license and see an increase in your car insurance rates.
Note: You must request a hearing before the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within 15 days to recover your driving privileges. Contact us immediately.
To Be Convicted Of DWI Or DUI
Adults Over Age 21: The police and a prosecutor will seek to demonstrate you were driving while intoxicated (DWI). This is legally defined as having a .08 Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) or higher, or demonstrably impaired by drugs.
Under Age 21: Any evidence of any amount of alcohol consumption or drug use impends heavy consequences. There is no need to demonstrate the under-age-21 driver was impaired.
Stiff penalties after a first offense include driver’s license suspension and mandatory attendance at an alcohol education program.
To Defend Oneself Effectively After A DWI Or DUI Arrest
Regardless of age and whether you are charged with a DWI or DUI, it is essential to work with an experienced and confident defense attorney. The Law Office of Dante Eli Dominguez will:
- Ensure you understand the charges against you.
- Immediately take action to help preserve or restore your driving privileges.
- Diligently prepare for a vigorous defense before a prosecutor, judge or jury to help prevent a conviction resulting in a criminal record.
- Pursue the best outcome available at all stages of your case, both at the Department of Motor Vehicle administrative hearing and in your criminal case.
- Ensure you understand how to fulfill your end of the deal if a prosecutor gives you a second chance.
You Have the Right To An Attorney
The Law Office of Dante Eli Dominguez in San Antonio has successfully represented many Texans accused of driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. We are prepared to help you keep your driver’s license, keep you out of jail, and protect your clean record.